AZCWR Get Together Part Deux (Tuscon & Others)

• UPDATED!! Some final details are taken care of.

Event Details:

If you are presenting please show up (if you can) at 1pm to make sure everything works for you. Projector, slides, whatever.

For all the attendees the event will be on May 25th. This will start (loosely) @ 1:30pm-ish and end (loosely) @ 5pm-ish. Dinner reservations are at 5:45ish. Name, location and address are further below.

The get together location is the AZ03 Range located @ 8181 E. Irvington, Tucson, AZ. Please contact @JerryKeely , @jdez , or @Will for building details.

Loose Agenda Items

2pm presentations start @ 1 hour each max.
    @Will (Wireshark Basics)
    @rlarkins (Vulnerability Management - Why Your Scans Suck)
    @ilene (Insider Threats)
    Open to anyone else who wants to make a speech (maybe @blscott ). I don't know. I suck at parties. πŸ™‚
    Dinner Details @ Location

Guadalajara's @ 750 N Kolb Rd, Tucson, AZ 85710
    We have a group reservation @ 5:45 for the patio area. Figured that would give plenty of time for everything above along with being later in the afternoon if there's a heat wave during the day.
    One thing we might be doing at dinner depending on how it can pan out. Is a speed dating and salsa tasting where we will all be sitting. Basically each table will have some salsa, you sit and sample it while talking to the others at the table, X amount of time passes, and you move a seat over. I have to give credit for @Lord-Yimman-C for this idea.
    If there are any questions post up here..

Poll is up ladies and gentleman. <-----------------Click there to load it.

Starting this thread to gauge interest in another AZCWR get together. Similar to the one that was done back in Feb. .

@JerryKeely @jdez @Will @Kaela I'd like to recruit you to help with the location since you're there physically and I'm here, if you don't mind and have time of course πŸ™‚ . Any ideas on a place that will take this jolly group of nutjobs this side of the nuthouse? πŸ™‚

As far as dates go. I figured weekends are best? Saturday perhaps? Later this month or next month? I'm open to all possibilities.

I realize Tuscon is a drive for us Phoenicians so why not add to the mini road trip love and come up with some carpool ideas. Let's show the Tuscon gang some love.. πŸ™‚

• @tails We had discussed the Culinary drop out. I suggested their meeting room, but when I looked it up on their site, it's basically a mini restaurant with bar. Far too big and fancy for us. I will call today and ask about groups. Won't be a "private" type area. Do we have any idea on how many to plan for?

• burgers and hot dogs with talks or workshops like the old days are always fun.

• That Mexican place we went for the setup was pretty cool.

• @josh Burgers and dogs fresh from the grill sounds ideal. Might have to be at a park or someone's house though if other select beverages want to be had. Don't know of any place in Tucson that does all three.

If you want another option...there's an awesome brats and local brew house that never fails (https://www.1055brewing.com/) , but it's a bit pricey since it's more geared towards foodies. They have a spacious upstairs loft area, but parents of toddlers might have to keep a close watch - the stairs leading up to the loft are an invitation run and play. There are plenty of other venues nearby to transition to if you guys are feeling your oats and want to explore afterwards. If that's a potential option, I can connect to see if there are any special considerations they can make - like reserving the space.

• @JerryKeely said in AZCWR Get Together Part Deux (Tuscon & Others):

@tails We had discussed the Culinary drop out. I suggested their meeting room, but when I looked it up on their site, it's basically a mini restaurant with bar. Far too big and fancy for us. I will call today and ask about groups. Won't be a "private" type area. Do we have any idea on how many to plan for?
    I think we had ~20 give or take come to the last one. So gauge off that?

• Poll is up ladies and gentleman. <-----------------Click there to load it.

If a mod / admin would be so kind to put the same link in the first post that would be awesome!!! πŸ™‚

• @josh said in AZCWR Get Together Part Deux (Tuscon & Others):

burgers and hot dogs with talks or workshops like the old days are always fun.

I wouldn't mind this also. Anyone have any ideas for workshops or talks? The Tuscon crew is working on the Enterprise Environment Creation stuff. Maybe a run through of what is done at the time of the get together?

• @Tails ... I have a ton of talk topics that nobody wants to listen to... πŸ™‚

• @rlarkins said in AZCWR Get Together Part Deux (Tuscon & Others):

I have a ton of talk topics that nobody wants to listen to...

That's because not everyone enjoys a fine aged bottle of scotch or bourbon. Or you can be like an onion. Gonna cry as you get thru the layers and learn a shitload during the journey. There's only a few who can appreciate it haha.. πŸ™‚

Seriously if you wanna speak. If everyone runs out of the room I'll stick around. Just don't get all "back in my day" type stuff.. πŸ™‚

• @Tails - Actually - I wouldn't mind updating my "Vulnerability Management - Your scans are crap" presentation... of all of them, it's probably the most useful.

• @rlarkins ok cool. Any other volunteers for presentations speak up.

How about this as an idea gang? We meet at AZ03, some presentations (if anyone else wants to speak up), put faces to names, then head out to an eating establishment that will not have us back? All of us can carpool, vanpool, ride in trunks, or hitchhike to said decided upon eatery? πŸ™‚

• Here is a breakdown of the dates chose as of today (04Apr2019). Any objections to keeping the poll going till 13Apr2019? πŸ™‚
    1.jpg

• @Tails No objections for keeping it going

• Another update on the results as of today 07Apr2019.
    1.jpg

@JerryKeely and @jdez made a comment about May 25th being a holiday weekend and most people being out of town. I noticed that date is ahead in the poll. So keep that in mind everyone.

Also @Lord-Yimman-C came up with a good idea of a speed date kind of get together. The venue that was brought up was the Mexican restaurant, I can't remember the name so someone speak up, that was gracious enough to host us during the Tuscon move and grand opening. The idea was that we all sit down initially. Then over a certain period of time everyone would move one spot over, talk, joke, yell, whatever at each other, and sample the random hot sauce at the table. Thoughts? We could do that with food but it would get weird real quick... πŸ™‚

• Sounds good, just dont expect me to put out afterwards. Im just not that kind of nerd.

• Vote numbers are still the same folks.

As far as presentations go first is @rlarkins with "Vulnerability Management - Your scans are crap"

The other is @Will . Well @rlarkins can join in so we can see them pass out the kooliad for networking. πŸ™‚

Remember the poll is up until EOD this coming Sat 13Apr2019.

• @Tails Oh, I'm presenting?
    Okay. I'm good with that. Anything in particular you would like?

• @Will said in AZCWR Get Together Part Deux (Tuscon & Others):

@Tails Oh, I'm presenting?
    Okay. I'm good with that. Anything in particular you would like?

Haha only if you want. I was thinking about putting visuals together over the back and for on the IPV4 Cheat Sheet Topic?

• @rlarkins said in AZCWR Get Together Part Deux (Tuscon & Others):

@Tails ... I have a ton of talk topics that nobody wants to listen to... πŸ™‚

I'm good for the bourbon, scotch and networking while intoxicated presentation.

• @JMBradley That would have to be a special "off-site" meeting...

• I’m up north about 4 hours away but I’d be interested in attending the meet up.

• Ok folks. Poll is now closed. It looks like Sat May 25th got the most votes.

There was one comment about that being Memorial Day weekend. I hope people can still make it. πŸ™‚

Results:
    1.jpg

• Being a holiday will make it easier to attend, but traffic could suck more.

• The extended weekend will def make it easier for me.
    So, I've got a month or so to polish up the prezo?

• @rlarkins
    Yes that would great if you could. Thank you in advance sir. πŸ™‚

@Will you good for a prezo also? πŸ™‚

• @Lord-Yimman-C said in AZCWR Get Together Part Deux (Tuscon & Others):

Being a holiday will make it easier to attend, but traffic could suck more.

Good point sir. For the traveling peeps keep this in mind before heading out to allow for drive time. As the day gets closer let’s figure out carpool and ride situations. πŸ™‚

• What are the thoughts on the start time for this?

I was thinking of starting around 2pm. Have everyone gather at AZ03 initially. Talk and mingle for an hour. Then have @Will and @rlarkins do their presentations, Q/A, etc... Then based on the time and hunger level either mingle more or head to the restaurant.

As always open to thoughts, suggestions?

• As a heads up to everyone I've been going back and forth with another coveted forum member to make a physical visit along with a presentation. Details to come shortly if all goes well. πŸ™‚

With the other details I haven't gotten any feedback as to the start time (2pm). I was going to leave the start time open for another week. If nothing is noted then it will be set. Might have to cut the initial talking and mingling short with the addition of a 3rd presenter. For presentation we have the following lined up:

@Will : Covering networking, routing, and subnet topics that he teaches.
    @rlarkins : Vulnerability Management - (Why) Your Scans Suck
    Possible mystery guest : Insider Threats

Dinner venues. I'll be calling the primary location to see if the patio area can be reserved ahead of time. @jdez is helping with an alternate location in the event the primary falls thru for some reason.

• @Tails
    Have you come up with a final decision yet?

• Some final details are taken care of. If an admin could put the following down in the first post that would be awesome.

Event Details:

• If you are presenting please show up (if you can) at 1pm to make sure everything works for you. Projector, slides, whatever.

• For all the attendees the event will be on May 25th. This will start (loosely) @ 1:30pm-ish and end (loosely) @ 5pm-ish. Dinner reservations are at 5:45ish. Name, location and address are further below.

• The get together location is the AZ03 Range located @ 8181 E. Irvington, Tucson, AZ Please contact @JerryKeely , @jdez , or @Will for building details.

Loose Agenda Items

• 2pm presentations start @ 1 hour each max.
    • @Will (Wireshark Basics)
    • @rlarkins (Vulnerability Management - Why Your Scans Suck)
    • @ilene (Insider Threats)
    • Open to anyone else who wants to make a speech (maybe @blscott ). I don't know. I suck at parties. πŸ™‚

Dinner Details @ Location

• Guadalajara's @ 750 N Kolb Rd, Tucson, AZ 85710
    • We have a group reservation @ 5:45 for the patio area. Figured that would give plenty of time for everything above along with being later in the afternoon if there's a heat wave during the day.
    • One thing we might be doing at dinner depending on how it can pan out. Is a speed dating and salsa tasting where we will all be sitting. Basically each table will have some salsa, you sit and sample it while talking to the others at the table, X amount of time passes, and you move a seat over. I have to give credit for @Lord-Yimman-C for this idea.

If there are any questions post up here.. πŸ™‚

• @Tails said in AZCWR Get Together Part Deux (Tuscon & Others):

5901 S Calle Santa Cruz

That address might leave a bunch of people wondering where everything is.
    8181 E. Irvington Rd., Building E 2 , Tucson, AZ 85730
    Might be a better place to meet πŸ˜‰

• post a map people...

• @JackH said in AZCWR Get Together Part Deux (Tuscon & Others):

8181 E. Irvington Rd., Building E 2 , Tucson, AZ 85730

https://goo.gl/maps/GtMF3hgAJSd7jj7H7

• The address is: 8181 E. Irvington, Tucsin AZ.

Please DO NOT USE the other address. AZ03 is on Pima's east campus

• It looks like the main post and my post has been changed. Thank you to whoever did that 😊

• Pushing this up top for the week in-case anyone has missed it. Looking forward to seeing everyone who can show up this coming weekend.. πŸ™‚