Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Range Development
Hello Everyone,

As many of you know there is currently a quality issue at the Tucson Range. Much of our VM's don't work, networking is normally an issue, and the range is down for a large portion of the week. I understand that many of us work or don't have the expertise to improve the range. To help alleviate some of these issues I would like to start a couple "groups" that would be assigned tasks to help improve the range.

Here's a list of some goals.

1. Sign-In/Out Form
2. Asset Management Application
3. Hardware Organization
4. Drinks/Beverage Station Upkeep
5**. Labs & Guides / Examples

While the range focuses on "Cyber Warfare" that doesn't mean we have to only offer these modules. I know at least 20 students that could benefit from starter labs such as "How to create a LAMP stack", etc.. etc...

If you would like to participate please let me know.

Best,

Boston
Reply Purge Spammer
Since you brought up range development/issues I'll connect this thread here (https://forums.azcwr.org/thread-36036.html) which indicates a bit of behind the scenes networking issue that many are aware of.

There are discussion being had for possible solutions for reliability so we don't have to literally restart all services and VMs daily, but it's likely going to involve discussion and coordination with the Phoenix range, and then networking gurus on both ends working to achieve it.
(2020-03-01, 09:44 PM)jdez Wrote: Since you brought up range development/issues I'll connect this thread here (https://forums.azcwr.org/thread-36036.html) which indicates a bit of behind the scenes networking issue that many are aware of.

There are discussion being had for possible solutions for reliability so we don't have to literally restart all services and VMs daily, but it's likely going to involve discussion and coordination with the Phoenix range, and then networking gurus on both ends working to achieve it.

I think it would be beneficial to build a network topology so that we have a complete understanding of what we're working with. It's also about time that we set up DNS so that volunteers/guests/etc don't have to type IP's.
Reply Purge Spammer